Start2013-06-08 16:00 America/New_York End2013-06-08 16:55 America/New_York LocationMoore Square DescriptionGA Minutes for MONTH DAY, 2013
- Facilitator: Charles
- Stack taker: Rachel
- Minutes taker: Mark
- Decriminalize Poverty – Derrick: attended American Winter in Durham. Received feedback on the web page that we shouldn’t had gone as it supported a “progressive” organization that “gentrified” that part of Durham. We responded that we did not intend to support the organization, just watch the movie.
- Why Wells Fargo – Mark: Rachel, Charles, and I handed out about 350 flyers in front of the City Council Building on Monday. We received feedback that ranged from “no thanks” to taking a flyer, to I’m just going in to pay my water bill, to surprise to the ATM fee, to “I’ll go to a different location” so that I don’t need to pay the fee. I’ll have a draft City Council speech together for Tuesday night
- Moral Monday – Josh: We handed out most of our 1,000 Occu-cards at the demonstration. We had several (most) of the cards stickered with our OR logo/QR code. The Alec cards were most popular.
- D-Day Memorial – Charles: Attended the events held in Raleigh since many of his family were in the military. Impressed with how many of the elderly gentlemen supported the OR approach.
1. Reimburse Josh Bradley for OccuCard Purchase – there was general agreement, however, Dyck said that he would reimburse Josh directly so that we could save our OR funds for other activities. GA agreed on Dyck’s generous offer.
Topics for Open Discussion
- Dyck – there will be national dialog on “Poverty/Wealth in America” as part of the September Inaugural Issue of the National Dialogue Network
- Mark – should we order more Occu-cards to hand out? General agreement yes. Will pursue getting more.
- Josh – there were several people from various Occupied’s across NC at the Moral Monday events. Should we plan on a state wide GA after one of the Moral Monday events since we have a broad representation from the various Occupies. After some discussion, we thought that instead of a GA (which could last much longer and make those from out of town very late in getting home), we could do a planning session or even a social event at NC State and serve Pizza. Josh will come up with a Proposal.
- Mark – need to update our OR Web site, the current site has gotten rather “stale.” We discussed trying to get with BT and/or Clinton to see if they could help us. Mark will send an email to BT and Clinton to see if we can arrange a time to meet.
- Josh: Decriminalize Poverty will meet on Tuesday at 7pm
- Rachel: There will be a viewing of “Money and Life” at NC State after GA
- Charles: Moral Monday will continue on Monday
- Charles: July 4th is coming up, we need to plan
- Dyck: We should leverage one of the Raleigh events to help get our message out
CategoryGeneralAssembly CategoryMinutes CategoryGeneralAssemblyMinutes
Article source: http://wiki.occupyraleigh.net/GeneralAssemblyMinutes/2013-06-08