Start2011-11-09 18:30 America/New_York End2011-11-09 20:30 America/New_York LocationNC State Capitol DescriptionGA Minutes for November 9th, 2011
- Facilitators: Derek, Jes
- Stack: Charles
Minutes taker: KatGad
Copied to wiki by: — ClintonEbadi 2011-11-18 03:52:10
Remove teams that did not report back
- Facebook quick links work
GeneralAssemblyMinutes now on wiki page. We need someone to transcribe minutes
Please edit “description” on WorkingGroup homepage to mission statement / about us text for the forum
- Post proposals on the forum, state that you will be making this proposal on this day and then announce at the GA. Still working this out.
- Still working out how to put minutes on line.
Sad announcement, we had to kick Roland out of the group. He is no longer welcome here as he has made threats, if seen please notify De-escalation committee immediately if you see him.
Stuff got taken by police today, we are going to get it back immediately. If you had stuff taken it’s either in the pod or with the police.
Report from NYC
Sign up for/use their forums http://NYCGA.net. Please join the Think Tank and share your ideas! – this is being set up as an open source resource for all occupations benefit across the world the more people who use it the better. They would like us (and all other Occupations) to collaborate with their Internet group. We discussed collaborating through all occupy groups online, agreed that we should all consider which site would be best to do this through and remain in communication with one-another. Also noted was to be aware of who owns/operates each site and be on the look-out for fakes. We discussed having a National General Assembly next year in February in DC or NYC and the possibility of conducting “Federated General Assembly” meet ups world wide on a regular (frequency undecided) basis. Discussed how this may happen/logistics of.
THIS IS A LEADERLESS MOVEMENT. There is no head/no main person or group of power/leader. Having a person of power leads to issues and poor representation. It also gives the media and politicians someone to directly attack. No shall Hierarchy exist, NYC should be thought of a “mecca” at best and we should all look to each other for support, ideas, and solidarity as equals. This is a synergistic movement. This is a physical movement: You have to be there, you have to march/hold signs/build structures, you must take action!
Collaboration Among All Occupy Cities
WE MUST COLLABORATE BETWEEN ALL GROUPS THAT OCCUPY. We should/are all working on more transportation between movements of not just thoughts but also members physical bodies. They are considering a bus tour of different Occupy cities and have expressed interest in traveling to Raleigh NC (specifically in the form of outreach support to help us establish occupation of the State Capitol property). We should all offer each other solidarity and support whenever possible and be prepared to help as often as possible for the advancement of those involved and of the cause. We all hope to facilitate meetings between horizontal working groups from different occupy cities so that ones with strengths can share advice and aid to ones who need assistance and are having difficulty. When an infiltrator to the movement is identified it is imperative to spread word and the individuals personal information as far and wide throughout all media possible to warn each other about potential danger. Protect yourself from these people!
Open Source Data Creation
Again – Think tank! Use this and contribute to it your groups(your own personal) best practices theories, possible solutions, demands, website and forums, data/information that is helpful for furthering the movement and solving problems. If we create a similar system make sure to share it with as many groups as possible. Make your GA contents available and easily accessible if they are not already. Lets create social statistics! – Search for hot-topics and trends in discussion across the national movement, lets work to staying on the same page so we can get a better overall reading of whats being agreed upon/disagreed upon, what do we want to work on and accomplish could be pulled out of this.
Friday – We will be joined by Occupy Durham Chapel Hill, we have a permit for 4:30 to 6:30 for a veterans day event, starts at noon.
- We need extra support this coming week as many who spend the night are going to OWS Thursday-Monday.
On the 12th 1 month Anniversary (28 days later) event on 11/12/11- Bring your own picnic at 4:30 Silent disco/mobile clubbing at 5:00. No permit is required for this, event goes until.
- Meditation will take place twice weekly on the State Capitol grounds, everyone is welcome to join – Wednesday after GA and Sunday at 11am
- Fairgrounds flea market booth – Pursuing a 20×10 booth at the Saturday/Sunday market to distribute information in both Spanish and English. Occupy the NC State Fairgrounds!!!
- Nov 30th @ NCSU – Wells Fargo CEO – Event open to the public
- The Readers Corner and other local businesses (who are fully in support of Occupy Raleigh) request members stop wheat-pasting stickers/flyers on the windows of their places of business as it is destructive and extremely difficult to get off.
- Has anyone found a blue framed pair of children’s glasses thought to be lost on 10/27 during the mass movement of property and. They are very expensive prescription glasses that belong to an occupiers son and he needs them to heal from a recent surgery. Please return them if you have them.
- Jeremy is displeased to be the only one present and awake in the early hours of the AM, please come and stay from sunrise to noon if possible as people have to pee.
CategoryGeneralAssembly CategoryMinutes CategoryGeneralAssemblyMinutes
Article source: http://wiki.occupyraleigh.net/GeneralAssemblyMinutes/2011-11-09